Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Funfetti Sandwich Cookies: The Cookie for the Decorating Disabled

I have a confession to make. I am terrible at "beautifying" desserts or anything creative for that matter. I was that kid with the ugly poster during class presentations in middle school with the slanted writing and uneven cutting while other girls had glittery perfectly shaped posters with bubbly handwriting (the kind where you put an "o" instead of a dot over your I's, you know what I'm talking about). I hated those girls. The point is, while the final project wasn't always pretty, the content was there. The same goes for my baking; it may not always look picture perfect, but it usually tastes delicious. Unless it's a horrific recipe of course.


So this recipe is for you ladies (and handful of men) out there that were ugly poster makers like myself. These cookies even the playing field. It is impossible to fail at making these cookies look like the picture and therefore delicious, which they are. This first recipe comes from Baked Perfection and they are called "Funfetti Sandwich Cookies". I knew I was going to love these because A. I love anything in sandwich form and B. They incorporate my favorite food group: sprinkles. 


Hers. (Photo from BakedPerfection.com)




















Mine. (See! Not half bad!) 






















The Recipe: 


Funfetti Sandwich Cookies


recipe from Baked Perfection

makes approximately 24 sandwich cookies

1 (18.25) package Funfetti Cake
2 eggs
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Pour cake mix into a large bowl. Stir in eggs, oil, milk, and vanilla until combined. Drop teaspoons of dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 7-9 minutes in the preheated oven. The bottoms will be light brown. Move cookies to a cooling rack, cool completely before assembling.

Frost bottom side of half the cookies. Top with unfrosted cookie. Roll edges in assorted sprinkles.

Very Vanilla Frosting
recipe by Baked Perfection

1 stick of butter, softened
3 cups powdered sugar
pinch of salt
1 1/2 tablespoons vanilla extract
2 tablespoons milk

Beat butter and vanilla until creamy. Add salt. Add powdered sugar 1 cup at a time, beating until combined. Add milk 1 tablespoon at a time until you reach desired consistency

I honestly have no edits, it is very straight forward. The only recommendation I would make is to have plenty of sprinkles on hand because those suckers require a lot! Also, have someone to give them to or you may end up eating 14 on your own in one sitting (not that I did that of course). 

Overall I give this recipe two thumbs up. They are easy to make without being your run of the mill cookie, colorful, and most importantly, insanely good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment