Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Easiest Crockpot Chicken Taco Ever...Seriously

In honor of the fact that this is the shortest recipe I have ever posted (it's already committed to memory), I am going to keep this post brief. Well that and the fact that I am bone tired from my full-time job. I do enjoy working, but man it interferes with my foodie pursuits (and subsequent blogging adventures). 


I discovered this recipe on Pinterest and it comes from a blog titled "My Chocolate Therapy", which I think we can agree is an odd title for a blog that includes dinner meals like Chicken Tacos. Anyway I decided to give it a try because, and I could have sworn my eyes deceived me, it involves only 3 ingredients and turns your Crockpot into the Head Chef of the evening. Here is the recipe:


Mine

Hers. Photo from www.mychocolatetherapy.blogspot.com


Crockpot Chicken Tacos
Recipe from Tasty Kitchen

1 envelope Taco Seasoning
6 pieces Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
1 jar Salsa (16 oz)

Dump everything into a crock pot and give it a little stir to blend the seasoning with the salsa. Cook on high for 4 to 6 hours or on low for 6 to 8 hours. When done, the chicken should shred easily when stirred with a fork.

For tacos, serve the chicken with soft flour tortillas, lettuce, shredded cheese and sour cream. This is very versatile and can be used for enchiladas, nachos, tostadas, etc. Any leftover chicken can then be used for tortilla soup (make it the next day or freeze the chicken to use at a later time).



Throw it all in the pot and get cooking!


Pros: The recipe is simple, but more importantly, it is entirely accurate. Throw everything in the Crockpot, give it a stir, and in 6-8 hours on low you will get some shredded chicken goodness. My first thought when coming home from work was, "Wow this smells amazing. I hope it tastes as good as it smells." Oh it does. The chicken is so moist and packed with flavor. You really don't even need items like onion and salsa on the side. 


It was so good that the pup was begging for scraps!
Which, honestly, she does for any human food. 
Cons: I have zip. None. It was delicious. 


Revisions: The nice thing is that, you can really get creative and top your chicken with whatever you want. The chicken is so good that you could easily eat it on its own. If you wanted to be healthy you could also put the shredded chicken on a big leaf of Romaine lettuce and use that as your taco. I have read in the comment section of her blog that some people have added a can of  "Cream of Mushroom" soup to the mixture, but I didn't feel like it needed anything else. 


Check out that chicken!

I love taco night. 


This is definitely going to become a weeknight staple in our house. It is a great way to get some good home cooking without shelling out a lot of time or money. It is a great way to do Mexican and honestly, I do not think you can get chicken that moist any other way. So, give it a shot and let me know what you think! 

3 comments:

  1. Okay, first of all, Aaron Eckhart and I are doing tacos for Valentine's Day-no joke. I might just have to borrow my mother-in-law's slow cooker so we can make these chicken tacos for dinner. Second of all... MIMI!!!!

    That is all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know Mimi had to make the blog, she's too cute not to! Also, definitely make this. It's a delicious meal that won't leave you slaving away in the kitchen all day, which equals more time to spend with AE :)

      Also at first I read that as "Amelia Eaheart" and I was like, "What is she doing with the female pilot whose plane disappeared? What is she on because I want some of that!" ha

      Delete